Terms, Conditions and Policies
Hurley’s of Queenstown - Environmental Policy
"LIVING TODAY LOOKING FORWARD TO TOMORROW"
Environmental PolicyAt Hurley’s of Queenstown, we treasure New Zealand’s unique natural heritage. As a tourism business, we recognise the importance of Queenstown Lakes District’s natural environment and the need for it to be sustainable. We know that providing visitor accommodation has an impact on both the local and regional environment and strive to make that impact a positive one.
Hurley’s of Queenstown is committed to environmentally responsible tourism through continuous improvements in environmental performance, waste management and the prevention of pollution.
Hurley's of Queenston believes that the beautiful environment of The Southern Lakes needs to be protected for our children, their children and future generations to live in, visit and enjoy.
Hurley’s of Queenstown - Natural Skin and Haircare
We provide the 2nd Nature range of hair and skincare products to all our guests. These have been created for people like you and for the good of our planet.
Hurley’s of Queenstown - Cleaning Materials
All of the products that we use every day to clean your accommodation and the common areas for guests and staff are biodegradable. We also use a special dispenser that minimizes the amounts of chemicals that we use so that we put as little strain on Queenstown’s environmental resources as we can.
Hurley’s of Queenstown - How you can help our environment
You can help us protect the local environment by hanging up your bath linen when you don’t need us to wash it. This may seem a very small thing but even biodegradable detergents can damage our environment in large quantities. If every guest in Queenstown did this for one day of their stay it would make a real difference.
Hurley’s of Queenstown - Our environmental aims and goals
- Apply Qualmark’s Responsible Tourism Criteria as a framework to work from.
- Reduce consumption of materials where possible and promote recycling.
- Strive to minimise wastage.
- Use ‘environmentally friendly’ options where available and practical.
- Minimise wherever possible Hurley’s of Queenstown’s carbon footprint.
- Encourage external suppliers and operators to reduce carbon emissions.
- For all staff to champion the Hurley’s of Queenstown Environmental Policy.
- Include environmental issues and information in Hurley’s of Queenstown training and induction process.
- Audit progress and review this on a quarterly basis.
- Use recycled toners for our printer.
- Donate Towels and office equipment to schools or Happiness House.
Hurley's of Queenstown accommodation - Terms and Conditions
- Valid credit card details are required to confirm all bookings, 1st night will be charged.
- Credit Card payments will incur a fee.
- Booking within 14 days, full payment will be taken.
- Check-in is available from 1pm on the day of arrival.
- Check out time is 10am on the day of departure.
- Early check-in and/or late check-out is by arrangement only.
- Payment for all accommodation must be made in full on the day of departure (if not already done so). Overdue/recovery charges may be applied if your account is not paid at this time.
- No visitors are allowed in rooms after 10pm.
- Any cost of any damage to the room or property that occurs during your stay may be charged to your account, plus a charge for any resultant loss of income if applicable.
- Smoking is not allowed in any room on the property. If you do smoke, then you may be charged appropriate cleaning and loss of income costs.
- Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guest of 18 years or over.
- Off-season rates apply May, June and October.
Hurley's of Queenstown accommodation - Cancellation Policy
- If a cancellation is not received by Hurley’s of Queenstown and you do not arrive, your credit card will be charged for the amount equivalent to your entire booking.
- Cancellation policy for your booking will be advised at the time of booking.
- We do strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance to cover your trip to Queenstown so that you don’t need to worry about unforseen events.